Job Title: Transport Planner
Location: Astley (Manchester)
Hours: 50 hours per week. Working hours to be discussed during the interview
Salary: To be discussed during the interview.
You will be predominantly working Monday – Friday however, you will be required to work Saturdays on a rota basis. Due to the nature of the role, flexibility with regards to working hours is an essential requirement.
- Planning daily workload for 20 – 25 vehicles based at Astley & Chirk.
- Effective planning and utilisation of drivers and sub-contract haulage for deliveries & collections nationwide.
- Dealing with queries by telephone, fax and email from our customers, sub-contract hauliers and warehousing sites.
Required Qualities -
- Must have experience of general road haulage transport planning.
- Be able to work effectively in a close team.
- Be able to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale.
- Experience of organising outbound and return loads.
- Applicant must have good geographical knowledge.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
Hours: 50 / Week Salary: To be discussed
How to Apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org