An excellent opportunity has arisen for 4 x Maintenance Technician’s to join the Boden Team to assist and support the Maintenance Engineer in maximising the through-put of the facility by completing day to day maintenance of all plant and equipment.
Your principle responsibilities:
- Liaise with the facilities manager and assist the site Engineer to maintain efficient and effective plant operations.
- Assist Maintenance Engineer in maintaining plant operation.
- Assist with preventing plant breakdowns by completing planned preventative maintenance (PPM), ensuring that the risk of downtime is kept to a minimum ultimately assisting in maximising profit and revenue.
- Completing planning and scheduling all of maintenance aspects of the MRF, minimising disruption to operations and maximising uptime and availability.
- Carry out planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of plant and apparatus including Conveyors, baling equipment,
- Low Voltage equipment, motors, gearbox, mechanical drives, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and optical, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology etc.
- Responsibility for assisting with the management of contractors on site in terms of work instructions and ensuring inductions have been completed and they work safely and in line with VES safe working practices.
- To ensure all sub-contractors perform their duties according to company procedures and work schedules.
- Ensure that maintenance requests from all sites within the role holders remit are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and reports to the required standard.
- To inspect work area and equipment for deficiencies, hazards, and malfunctions.
- Report all discrepenancies and any unsafe act or working condition to supervisory personnel.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 in mechanical and electrical maintenance, or a recognised formal apprenticeship, would be preferable.
- Experience in processing manufacturing, production industry.
- Proven experience of working at a high level and fully conversant with material handling equipment, preferably within the recycling environment.
- Experienced with Conveyors, baling equipment, Low Voltage equipment, motors, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and optical separation, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology preferred.
- Comprehensive practical experience in maintenance within a process industry, preferably gained in a recycling environment.
- Enthusiastic and competent problem solver with a practical approach to engineering problems.
- Able to demonstrate an analytical approach to investigation, allied with a practical ability to resolving engineering problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Mechanical Engineering: 1 year